Terms and Conditions of Use
UNDER SECTION 26(1) OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 1971 FOREIGN NATIONALS FROM CERTAIN COUNTRIES ARE REQUIRED TO REGISTER WITH THE POLICE
You must register with the Police if you are from one of the following countries or you are Stateless:
Afghanistan, Algeria, Argentina, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Bahrain, Belarus, Bolivia, Brazil, China, Colombia, Cuba, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Moldova, Morocco, North Korea, Oman, Palestine, Peru, Qatar, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Sudan, Syria, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey, Turkmenistan, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Yemen
FAILURE TO REGISTER WITHIN THE TIME SPECIFIED, WITHOUT REASONABLE EXCUSE, WHEN REQUIRED TO DO SO IS AN OFFENCE UNDER SECTION 26(1) (f) OF THE IMMIGRATION ACT 1971.
Please read these terms and conditions carefully. They set out the terms and conditions under which this Website (i.e. the web pages under the Cleveland Police Foreign Nationals site and any successor to the Cleveland Police Foreign Nationals site) is made available to you. By continuing to access this Website, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.
This Site may place cookies on your computer to help us make this website better. To find out more about the cookies, see our privacy notice
1.1 This Website is owned and operated by Cleveland Police. We are located at Ladgate Lane, Middlesbrough, TS8 9EH
1.2 The information on this Website is intended solely for general guidance on the services provided on this Website. While we have made reasonable efforts to ensure the information on this Website is accurate and up to date, we cannot guarantee its accuracy or its completeness. We make no promises in relation to the Website's performance, quality or fitness for any purposes and we do not accept any liability to you for any damage, loss or expense you may incur as a result of any action or omission made in reliance on or as a result of the information contained on this Website. You accept full responsibility for its use.
1.3 This Website is protected by copyrights, database rights, trademarks and other ownership rights. Your use of this Website carries with it no rights in relation to copyright, database right, trade marks or other intellectual property rights in the Cleveland Police and any material contained on the Website other than the limited right to use it in accordance with these terms and conditions. You agree to abide by all additional copyright notices and restrictions contained on this Website.
2. Our Obligations to You
2.1 We agree to use our reasonable endeavours to maintain this Website in a fully operating condition, but we cannot guarantee that this will always be the case. We reserve the right to restrict or suspend your access and use of this Website at any time without notice for security, general administration, maintenance or any other reason.
2.2 Should you experience any problems in using the website. Please contact Cleveland Police Foreign Nationals Office, Telephone Number: 01642 301319, office hours are 09:00 - 15:00 or Email details to [email protected].
3. Your Obligations to Us
3.1 You agree that you will only use this Website in a manner that is consistent with these terms and conditions and in such a way as to ensure compliance with all applicable laws and regulations. In particular, you will not use this Website to transmit or post any material which is defamatory, offensive or of an obscene or menacing nature, or which may, in our judgment, cause annoyance, inconvenience or anxiety to any person, or post any files that contain viruses, corrupted files, or take any other action that would change or destroy any programs forming part of this Website.
3.2 You agree not to use this Website or the services made available to you on or via this Website such that you cause the whole or part of this Website or such services to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or in any way impaired.
4. Other Conditions of Use
4.1 These terms and conditions may be amended from time to time. They may also be extended to include other conditions applicable to specific services or other information or facilities offered by Cleveland Police from time to time.
You accept responsibility and liability for the completeness and accuracy of any communication or information you send to us and we will not be liable for any consequences of any incomplete or incorrect communication or information.
6. Limitation of Liability
6.1 You acknowledge that this Website is provided only on the basis set out in these terms and conditions. Your uninterrupted access or use of this Website on this basis may be prevented by certain factors outside our reasonable control including, without limitation, the unavailability, inoperability or interruption of the Internet or other telecommunications services or as a result of any maintenance or other service work carried out on this Website. We do not accept any responsibility and will not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever arising out of or in connection with any inability to access or to use this Website.
6.2 Except as expressly set out in these terms and conditions, we will not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, punitive or consequential loss, damage, cost or expense of any kind whatsoever and howsoever caused even if we have been advised of their possibility.
6.3 We accept liability without limit for fraud or for death or injury to the extent it results from our negligence or the negligence of our employees, police officers or agents.
7. Governing Laws and Regulations
These terms and conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the laws in England and Wales and any dispute shall be heard before the English Courts.
We may terminate your right to access and use this Website immediately in any event that we believe you have breached any of these terms and conditions.
9. Changes to the Site
You accept that we have the right to change the content or technical specifications of any aspect of this Website at any time at our sole discretion. You further accept that such changes may result in you being unable to access the Website.
Cleveland Police is committed to safeguarding your privacy online. The following policy shows how we treat your personal information.
In registering your personal information on this Website Cleveland Police will store the information provided by you for up to a maximum of 10 years from registration. The onward disclosure of any personal information held by Cleveland Police to external organisations or individuals will only take place where it is proportionate and lawful to do so.
We do count visits to our website but this is simply to record the number of 'hits' and does not record personal information. We will not we sell, trade, rent or otherwise disclose your details to others in these circumstances.
We do currently employ cookies as they are necessary to enable the efficient functioning of the website. However, we do not attempt to monitor the browsing behaviour of individual users through any hidden means.
As a word of caution, children under 16 years of age should not provide any information to any website without the consent of a parent or carer.
You have a right to know about the personal information Cleveland Police holds about you in connection with this site. You also have the right to have your data corrected.
- The data on this site is collected and used by Cleveland Police Registration Office, Ladgate Lane, Middlesbrough, TS8 9EH. The Data Protection Officer for Cleveland Police is Maria Hopper who can be contacted through our Information Assurance Team: [email protected]
- Cleveland Police use the data collected on this site in order to complete the Police Registration for a Foreign National and issue a Police Registration Certificate. It is a legal requirement made by the Home Office under The Immigration Regulation Act 1971 that certain foreign nationals are required to register with the police, as a condition to remain in the UK. Failure to do so is a criminal offence and could result in either a fine of up to £5000 and/or 6 months imprisonment.
- In the eventuality that the Foreign National relocates to an area covered by a different policing force, the data held within this site can and will be transferred upon the receipt of a transfer request by the incoming force. Once the transfer request has been completed, the data held by Cleveland Police on this site will be deleted unless the Foreign National is linked to certain Public Protection Matters (see point 4). The data collected on this site may also be shared internally with other policing departments in the interest of national security.
- The data entered on this site will be retained for a seven-year period from the date of the Foreign Nationals last appointment before being subject to a review for deletion. If the data is linked to certain Public Protection Matters the information can be retained until the Foreign National reaches 100 years of age – with reviews taking place every 10 years.
- The Foreign National can at any time rectify the data held on this site by logging in to their online account to ensure it is accurate.
- The Foreign National may request a copy of the data stored on this site by visiting this website: https://cleveland.police.uk/Services/DataProtectionNEW.aspx
- If the Foreign National wishes to make a complaint regarding any aspect of the Police Registration process, they may visit this website for further information: https://www.cleveland.police.uk/contact-us/How-can-you-make-a-complaint.aspx